Applying to Woolman
Who Should Apply?
The Woolman Semester seeks applicants with a keen interest in peace, social justice, and sustainability. Students do not need to come to Woolman with prior knowledge in these areas, though many of our students do. Promising applicants must demonstrate an excitement and eagerness to deeply engage with these topics through rigorous academics, self-designed projects, and experiential learning trips.
Acceptance is granted based on academic achievement, demonstrated engagement in school and home communities, personal essays, teacher recommendations, and the student's desire to participate in a challenging academic program in rural California.
When are applications due?
Application deadlines are September 21st for the Spring semester and April 1st for the Fall semester. Applications received after these dates will only be reviewed on a space-available basis.
How do I apply?
Our application process consists of ten easy steps:
- Register for a Woolman Account*
- Complete our Basic Application Form
- Complete our School Information Form
- Complete the short answer questions
- Complete the essay
- Send us your high school transcripts (PDF's by e-mail are accepted)
- Complete our Parent-Guardian Questionnaire
- Request recommendations from two teachers
- Apply for Financial Aid if needed
- Interview with our Admissions Team
Please contact us in the admissions office immediately if you are having problems creating an account or filling out your application. 530-273-3183x24; firstname.lastname@example.org. *This only takes a minute. You will create a password which allows you to save your work and return to your application at any time.
When will I hear if I am accepted?
You will receive an admissions decision within two weeks of the application deadline.