Applying to Woolman
ADMISSIONS UPDATE 4/14/14: We are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis for the Fall 2014 semester at The Woolman Semester School. Interested applicants should begin an application as soon as possible in order to be considered for the few remaining spots in the fall semester. Spring 2015 applications are open and may be started at any time, however, admissions decisions for the Spring 2015 semester will not be made until this fall.
Who Should Apply?
The Woolman Semester School seeks applicants with a keen interest in peace, social justice, and sustainability. Students do not need to come to Woolman with prior knowledge in these areas, though many of our students do. Promising applicants must demonstrate an excitement and eagerness to deeply engage with these topics through rigorous academics, self-designed projects, and experiential learning trips.
Acceptance is granted based on academic achievement, demonstrated engagement in school and home communities, personal essays, teacher recommendations, and the student's desire to participate in a challenging academic program in rural California.
When are applications due?
Application deadlines are September 12th for the spring semester and April 1st for the fall semester. Applications received after these dates will only be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Fall 2014 Semester 4/14/14 Update: Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis. Financial aid awards and contracts will be mailed to admitted students soon.
Spring 2015 Application Dates:
- Priority application deadline: September 12, 2014 (Applications received after this date will only be reviewed on a space-available basis)
- Applicant phone interviews: September 15-26, 2014
- Financial aid application deadline: October 17, 2014 (All financial aid forms and documents must be submitted by this date)
How do I apply?
Our application process consists of ten easy steps:
- Register for a Woolman Account*
- Complete our Basic Application Form
- Complete our School Information Form
- Complete the short answer questions
- Complete the essay
- Send us your high school transcripts (PDF's by e-mail are accepted)
- Complete our Parent-Guardian Questionnaire
- Request recommendations from two teachers
- Apply for Financial Aid if needed
- Interview with our Admissions Team
Please contact the Admissions Office immediately if you are having problems creating an account or filling out your application. Call (530) 273-3183x24 or email email@example.com.
*This only takes a minute. You will create a password which allows you to save your work and return to your application at any time.
When will I hear if I am accepted?
You will receive an admissions decision within two weeks of the application deadline.