Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition, Room and Board
Tuition for the 2013-2014 school year is $18,000 for one semester. This includes room and board. In addition to tuition families are required to pay a $500 activity fee to cover the cost of books, field trips, and other activities throughout the term.
How do I Pay Tuition?
Payments can be made by credit card: click here to pay tuition online
Payments can also be made by writing a check to:
13075 Woolman Ln.
Nevada City, CA 95959
We are committed to providing the Woolman Semester to a diverse group of students and we have generous donors who share that commitment. Financial aid is available. Over seventy-five percent of Woolman students receive financial aid, so please don't let cost prevent you from applying.
When are your deadlines?
Financial aid applications are considered on a funds available basis with preference given to applications submitted by April 15 for the fall semester and by September 15 for the spring semester.
When will I hear if I will be receiving financial aid?
Following acceptance to The Woolman Semester School, financial aid decisions will be made in rounds starting mid-April and mid-September. If your application is submitted after those dates, we will assess on a case by case basis and communicate with you when you can expect to hear from us.
Calculating Financial Aid
Woolman uses School and Student Services (SSS) to process financial aid applications. SSS is a service of the National Association of Independent Schools. Based on the financial information each family provides, SSS provides our school with an estimated amount each family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps us make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
How do I apply?
- Go to http://sss.nais.org/
- Click on the prompt to begin your Parent's Financial Statement (PFS). Our school code is 902016.
- You will be given a password which will allow you to return to your PFS at a later date before submitting it.
- Call SSS at 800.344.8328 with any questions.
Online applications are less expensive and SSS processes the application and delivers the materials to The Woolman Semester School more quickly. If the PFS is completed online, the fee is $35. If the PFS is submitted on paper, the fee is $42. These are flat fees, regardless of the number of schools to which you are applying for financial aid. If you would like us to mail you a paper version of these forms, please let us know.
Woolman Financial Aid Policies
- Admission to The Woolman Semester School is granted before considering financial need.
- All financial aid awards are based on need as determined by the SSS and the Woolman financial aid committee.
- It is essential that applicants complete and file all application forms and required tax forms on time. Late applications may not receive full consideration.
- In cases of divorce or separation, each parent should complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS). The family contribution is based on both parents' ability to meet educational expenses.
All financial aid records are kept confidential.