Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition, Room and Board
Tuition for the 2013-2014 school year is $18,000 for one semester. This includes room and board. In addition to tuition families are required to pay a $500 activity fee to cover the cost of books, field trips, and other activities throughout the term. Tuition can be paid all at once or with a payment plan that goes the duration of the student's semester. A deposit of 20% of the total tuition is required with the educational contract to hold the space for a student before the semester begins.
We are committed to providing the Woolman Semester to a diverse group of students and we have generous donors who share that commitment. Financial aid is available. Over seventy-five percent of Woolman students receive financial aid, so please don't let cost prevent you from applying.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are your deadlines?
When will I hear if I will be receiving financial aid?
Calculating Financial Aid
How do I apply?
- Go to http://sss.nais.org/
- Click on the prompt to begin your Parent's Financial Statement (PFS). Our school code is 902016.
- You will be given a password which will allow you to return to your PFS at a later date before submitting it.
- Call SSS at 800.344.8328 with any questions.
How do I pay tuition?
Woolman Financial Aid Policies
- Admission to The Woolman Semester School is granted before considering financial need.
- All financial aid awards are based on need as determined by the SSS and the Woolman financial aid committee.
- It is essential that applicants complete and file all application forms and required tax forms on time. Late applications may not receive full consideration.
- In cases of divorce or separation, each parent should complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS). The family contribution is based on both parents' ability to meet educational expenses.
All financial aid records are kept confidential.